DigestzymesTM combines betaine hydrochloride (HCl) along with a comprehensive, synergistic blend of enzymes which are vital for the digestion of proteins, fats and carbohydrates.
The importance of healthy digestion
A proper diet is the foundation for good health and maintaining an appropriate body weight. However, the well-known phrase “you are what you eat” is only part of the equation. We are not just what we eat, we’re also what we digest, absorb, and assimilate. If diges- tive function is compromised, we cannot fully benefit from the nutrients in our diet, no matter how high the quality of our foods.
Proper digestive function is beneficial for:
- Sustained energy • Bowel regularity • Robust immunity
- Balanced moods • Healthy skin and strong nails • Reproductive healthDigestion can be weakened for many reasons. Our busy modern lives are a recipe for suboptimal digestion. The “fight or flight” mechanism that gets us through everyday stressful situations prevents the “rest and digest” mode from doing its job. Feeling wor- ried, anxious, or simply eating too quickly can lead to occasional insufficient stomach acid production. In addition, the production of our own digestive enzymes naturally declines 1% every three years after age thirty. Therefore, it is understandable why so many people benefit from enzyme supplementation for optimal digestion and assimilation of nutrients from food.Signs that you may benefit from digestive enzymes include:
Occasional bloating and gas, particularly after eating
Feeling full after eating only a small quantity of food
Infrequent mild indigestion/heartburn (components of undigested food bubbles back up into the esophagus) Bowel irregularities such as occasional diarrhea and/or constipation
▶ Betaine hydrochloride (HCl) – an excellent source of hydrochloric acid, also known as stomach acid. Betaine HCl helps to sup- port proper stomach acidity, as adequate HCl is necessary to begin the breakdown of proteins, and to trigger the secretion of enzymes that help digest fats, carbohydrates and proteins.
▶ Proprietary blend of digestive enzymes includes:
- ◼ Taka-diastast and Alhpa-amylase– which aid in the breakdown of starches and reduce inflammation
- ◼ Lactase – the enzyme which helps digest lactose, from dairy
- ◼ Wild ox and lipase – to emulsify and digest fats and fat-soluble vitamins